LOCAL. EXPERIENCED. FLEXIBLE.
The attorneys at YCRLAW live and work in the Charleston area, and the business law group is dedicated to helping small, midsized and large businesses achieve success. We understand the needs and goals of an aspiring Lowcountry business owner and can create efficient solutions to meet those needs.
Because of our talented attorneys, your business will benefit.
Who We Are
- We are your Friends and Neighbors – Many of our attorneys were born and raised in South Carolina’s low country. We understand the Charleston business market and what the Charleston consumer wants and needs from businesses and the importance of building a strong, local brand that consumers remember.
- We are Experienced – Our attorneys perform very sophisticated business work for our clients. We have attorneys who focus their practice in tax law, commercial transactions and real estate, employment and labor, worker’s compensation and litigation. When it comes to an entrepreneur, YCR can provide solutions for every aspect of your business needs.
- We are Flexible – We know that many people dream of starting a business. We welcome challenges and invest a substantial amount of effort into helping our clients’ meet their goals and fulfill their entrepreneurial dreams.
- We are Efficient – We recognize that new start-up businesses require a substantial amount of capital. Therefore, we push ourselves to be efficient, by providing services at competitive rates, in a timely and professional manner.
What We Do
At YCRLAW, we provide sound legal advice and guidance to our clients as they move forward in developing and growing their businesses-no matter the size.
We can help your business from the ground up, every step of the way. We will:
- Evaluate the needs of your business based on your goals and capital;
- Determine the most appropriate structure for your business, organize the entity and prepare shareholder, partnership and limited liability company operating agreements;
- Draft and negotiate agreements for the purchase of business assets, stock and other equity interests, commercial leases and specialized customer service agreements;
- Assist in the negotiation and closing of financing transactions;
- Provide representation before State agencies in regulatory and insurance matters;
- Advise clients on employment law and protecting confidential business information, prepare contracts, non-compete agreements and employee handbooks, policies and procedures; and
- Help businesses take advantage of tax incentives
Questions about specific practice groups and services available for your business?
Read here for more information.