Areas of Practice
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group at Young Clement Rivers, LLP is composed of seasoned mediators and arbitrators who have a wealth of experience in
- personal injury litigation
- commercial transactions
- special litigation
- complex real estate transactions
- workers’ compensation
The group’s experience covers all areas of litigation and dispute resolution,
- from domestic relations to workers compensation matters
- trucking litigation
- appellate mediation
- commercial litigation
- products liability litigation
- aviation litigation
- all other dispute resolution
The Goals of ADR
The group’s goals are
- to achieve satisfactory case resolution through effective mediation skills
- to resolve controversies as efficiently as possible
- to reduce the emotional and financial toll associated with prolonged litigation
- early neutral evaluation to assess risks
Each of the attorneys in this practice area has extensive training in mediation. The attorneys in the group represent a combined total of more than 50 years of mediation and arbitration experience, and more than 100 years of legal experience. These attorneys handle mediation and arbitration in all geographic regions of the State.
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group participates in annual mediation and arbitration training. One of our attorneys is the chairman of the Supreme Court’s Commission on Alternative Dispute Resolution, which is responsible for creating the rules and regulations governing mediation in South Carolina.
YCRLAW’s offices include a conference center with multiple conference rooms allowing for the efficient management of multi-party mediation and arbitration hearings. These conference centers provide wireless connectivity for computer use and telephone conference capability for the management of remote participation where necessary.