Raymond W. Burroughs practices primarily with the firm’s Tax, Estate Planning and Probate and Commercial Transactions practice groups. Ray is a Certified Fraud Examiner, past President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer of the Charleston Tax Council, a Council Member of the Tax Section of the South Carolina Bar Association, and a member of the Charleston Tax Roundtable.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 2008
- New York University School of Law, LLM, Taxation
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- College of Charleston, M.S., Accounting
- College of Charleston, B.S. International Business, B.A. History
Articles / case studies
- “Unintended Consequences: Sarbanes-Oxley and its Progeny” by Ray Burroughs, published in The South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business
- “Unintended Consequences: New Short Seller Rules Undermine American Markets” by Ray Burroughs, published in the South Carolina Young Lawyer
- “Section 83 Revisited: Basic Considerations and An Example” by Ray Burroughs, published in the South Carolina Tax Reports