Matt Riddle practices primarily with the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Law, Professional Liability, and Cybersecurity practice groups. Matt defends employers and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation cases throughout South Carolina, including complex claims involving fatality, psychological injury, toxic exposure, and repetitive trauma. He also represents clients in the areas of cybersecurity, privacy, professional liability, medical and legal malpractice, nursing homes, business, commercial, and real estate litigation.
Beyond the Practice
Matt serves on the Board of Directors for Kids’ Chance of South Carolina, an organization that provides scholarships to dependents of South Carolina workers who have been severely injured or killed in work accidents.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 2007
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2007
- Mercer Law Review, 2005-2007
- Student Bar Association representative
- CALI award recipient
- Furman University, 2003
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Kids’ Chance of South Carolina, President of the Board of Directors
Articles / case studies
- Notice and Statute of Limitations Issues in Repetitive Trauma Cases by Matthew O. Riddle and Leslie M. Whitten, Published in: SC Lawyer (May 2011)