Matt Riddle defends employers and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation cases throughout South Carolina. He regularly tries cases before the SC Commission, including complex claims involving fatality, psychological injury, toxic exposure, and repetitive trauma.
Beyond the Practice
Matt is the President of Kids’ Chance of South Carolina, an organization that provides scholarships to dependents of South Carolina workers who have been severely injured or killed in work accidents. He also regularly volunteers in the Charleston community on behalf of the Young Lawyers’ Division of the South Carolina Bar Association.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 2007
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2007
- Mercer Law Review, 2005-2007
- Student Bar Association representative
- CALI award recipient
- Furman University, 2003
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Kids’ Chance of South Carolina, President of the Board of Directors
Articles / case studies
- Notice and Statute of Limitations Issues in Repetitive Trauma Cases by Matthew O. Riddle and Leslie M. Whitten, Published in: SC Lawyer (May 2011)