Catherine Holland Chase practices primarily with the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Appellate, Primary Casualty, and Trucking and Transportation Practice Groups. She maintains a broad-based practice representing individuals and entities (developers, contractors, subcontractors, and businesses) in the resolution of a wide variety of disputes. She has extensive experience with complex litigation and class actions. She regularly practices in state and federal court.
Catherine handles nearly all workers’ compensation appellate matters originating within the firm, arguing the cases before the South Carolina Supreme Court and the South Carolina Court of Appeals. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
While in law school, Catherine served as the Research Editor of the Charleston Law Review and received a CALI Award in Secured Transactions.
Admitted to practice
- South Carolina, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2008
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2012
- Charleston School of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2007
- College of Charleston, cum laude, B.S. Psychology, B.A. Studio Arts, 2003
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Membership Committee (2014-present)
- Ellevate Network
- Charleston Chapter Co-President (2014-2018)